May 30, 2012

Kindergarten?


What in the hell is going on? I feel like this kid was just born and now she has to go to a giant school and ride a bus and eat lunch out of a sack and tie her own shoes and and and.....DEEP BREATHS. I am having a difficult time with the whole Kindergarten thing. I think anyone who knows me would describe me as overprotective, nuts, paranoid and other things when it comes to the safety of my kids. I am usually a really laid back person BUT not with my kids. I stay in mama bear mode. So of course Kindergarten sounds like a cuss word right now. Peyton is so excited about graduating Pre-K and moving on so I try to mirror her excitement even if it is a mask for, "Oh, crap! I am freaking out in here!"


This is Peyton at 2 years old. This is the kid I FEEL like I am sending to Kindergarten.

But THIS is the child that IS going to Kindergarten. A beautiful, kind, energetic, independent little lady. I am proud to be her mother.

The school that she attended for PRE-K worked so hard on a program for the PRE-K graduation.We are really going to miss her teacher, Ms. April, who was an absolute angel to our family.

The kids were precious and sang songs, danced a little and basically just acted cute.
Seeing Peyton in her little cap and gown made me have some weird future photo montage in my head where I imagined her in my arms after she was born, then her in her Pre-K cap and gown, then high school cap and gown, college, a wedding dress, her own kids running around her...It's crazy because this is it. This is your life and these little milestones make you wonder, Where did it go? That moment when you think If I could just hold on to this forever...But then the baby needs her bottle and Kris can't find his keys AGAIN and Peyton wants me to watch how high she can jump...
So, you keep moving.

0 comments on "Kindergarten?"

Post a Comment

 

The Harman Family Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates