Jun 12, 2012

Parties, Feedings and Hair Pulling



June 2012- We had a fun and busy weekend. I helped throw a baby shower for a precious friend on Saturday. I was throwing the shower with my pals Laura and Holly so all I had to do was bring cupcakes and a floral arrangement. Upon researching the cupcake situation, I found out that Gigi's would charge about $80 for 2 dozen and a couple of other trendy cupcakery shops in town would be charging at least $50. I decided that no ones taste buds are too refined for Betty. (Betty Crocker)


I made these boxed cupcakes and used a fancy Wilton icing tip with my store bought frosting. Guess what! Everyone loved them!



I made this arrangement with store bought flowers and 4 lemons. If I can do this...anyone can.


The shower was gorgeous. Holly and Laura decorated their tails off and Angie (the mommy) received a lot of precious baby girl things. Since Angie already has two rough & tumble boys she was really excited to get some pink frilly stuff.

In other news, Micah refuses to stop growing. She has finally begun to feed herself the bottle. She is 10 months. Peyton never fed herself a bottle. She flat out resisted being independent as far as feeding goes. She's 5 years old now and I am pretty sure she would still let me feed her a meal if I was willing.




Here is Chunk feeding herself.


Aerial view of Chunk feeding herself.


Micah is also ready to walk at any second. She is standing pretty independently and was using this toy (see below) to walk around the house. I say "was" using this toy because I have taken it apart and put it in the closet. This toy is SKARY! The wheels roll super fast and after about the third time of watching my child's head bounce off the floor like a rubber ball, I decided to dismantle it. I am sure the toy manufacturer will be sued soon by someone who's kid gets super hurt. They can have the money, I'm smart enough to put the crap away.



And last but not least, Peyton continues to be the coolest big sister ever. I am pretty sure Micah will snatch her bald soon because she loves to pull hair (bully) but Peyton is so patient with her. I can hear her now, "No Micah. We do not rip people's hair out. That's not nice."



3 comments on "Parties, Feedings and Hair Pulling"

Kayla on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 said...

I had no clue about your blog. Last year, I started blogging, and I love it!! Anyways, it was great seeing you at the shower! Wish I could have seen your girls. They are precious!

Kathy on Tuesday, June 12, 2012 said...

It was great to see you too! What's your blog? I'd love to keep up with your 3 wild ones!

Kayla on Thursday, June 14, 2012 said...

My blog is http://lifewiththepenceboys.blogspot.com. I'm going to add a link to my blog, so I can see when you have new posts. :)

Post a Comment

 

The Harman Family Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates